Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like fall


This morning I woke up and looked outside. Sunny. Another hot day I'm sure. But as I took Coco outside, the cool crisp air hit me. It's a crispness that is unique to one time of year, and one only:
FALL!
The air is even different as the coldness of winter sets in. It's different than the coolness of spring. Fall is biting and crisp! It makes you want to cuddle up in your coat, which you've been waiting all summer to wear.

The Leaves start to change colors! When the mountains begin to change colors it means it's almost my best friend's birthday! Fall is so exciting! I love the quote in "You've Got Mail"
"Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms."

Today I wanted to make carmel apples! And Apple pie! And Apple cupcakes! I want pumpkin pie and Pumpkin spice donuts! I want hot chocolate with marshmallows!
I want to wear Red and orange and Yellow and Brown! I want to go buy a new scarf! I want to go break out my boots! I want a new pair of jeans! I want to layer my clothes and wear long sleeves!
I want to lay under a tree and read a book covered by a light blanket! I want to go for a walk with my puppy and touch the leaves! I want to go up to the mountains and have a bonfire and cuddle up with someone to stay warm from the cool mountain air. And of course eat marshmallows.

Fall means a consecutive following of fantastic and awesome holidays! First Halloween! This year I vow to have an awesome costume and attend a fun halloween party! I will carve a pumpkin this year! I'm going to eat my dad's chili and see how adorable my nieces look in their little costumes!

I'm going to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family! I'm not going to stress or freak out. I'm going to relax all day, watch movies (not football.) I'm going to take a walk with my nieces and puppy. I'm going to eat everythign I want and not care how it looks on my hips! I'm going to help my mom in a kitchen and I'm going to make a pie!
And before I know it, The warm colors will change, and the white will start to fall. People will start being generous and kind and happy. And then...
It will start looking a lot like Christmas.




No comments: