Monday, September 13, 2010

Dress Revamp #2

Well When I saw this pretty little ditty at D.I. I was like. WTF! It looked like one of those dresses you see big Tongan women wear. You know? Anyway, I stared at it for a while and I figured out what I wanted to do with it! 



First I removed the little ties on the side then took the side seams in MAJORLY. And then cut them off.



Next, the shoulders HAD to come in. They were way wide. So I added pleats

Next, the sleeves had to come up. They were like 80's long. I wanted them more 40's/50's long. So I turned the hem up and tacked it, making a cuff

Next I added a little vertical gather in the sleeve so it gathered up a bit. 
I also added some darts in the back, and some pleated darts at the waist.
Last thing I did was cut off TONS and hem it up. 
Next I added my Rome Belt, some pearls (my hair looks like that because I was on my way to the theater for the play.) And this was the end result:


A lovely little 40's reminiscent blouse. I kinda want to try wearing it tucked into a pencil skirt as well! I'm actually really pleased with the way it turned out. What do you think?


4 comments:

Candace said...

Adorable! I love it AND I love that blog, too! It makes me want to dust off my machine and join the fun! Beautiful job, Mandee!!

Stephanie Brocious said...

I LOVE THIS! You're so talented, it's wonderful :)

Unknown said...

You + Me = Shopping at some thrift store.
Then, you and only you make me a beautiful shirt of some short! :)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Cute! You could probably make another shirt with what you cut off.