Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Dam Day

About a month ago I took my nieces to Pineview Reservoir, or the dam. I love spending time with my nieces, and even their mom, my sister-in-law, Linda came along! And Jessica, my oldest niece came with us! We had a great time picnicking and enjoying the sun, but most of all: Swimming!

Rebecca and Angela, Cute sisters!

I was being incredibly girly, which I'm usually not. My hair was perfect that day, so I was determined to not get it wet, which meant no splashing!

 I was trying to teach Junie Rae the basics of swimming, 
but I'm a horrible teacher, so she didn't learn anything.

Synchronized Swimming

 Ticklefights
She is just too cute

 Group Pic. Junie Rae, Me, Rebecca, Angela, and Jessica
I am so blessed to have so many nieces, and while this isn't even half of them, I love spending time with any of them that I can. I can't imagine ever having kids, because I can't imagine loving anyone more than I love my nieces and nephews.

 Enjoying both the water and the sun

 The water was a little chilly when you first get in
 Junie really liked playing in the dirt

I am always in awe that I live only a short drive from such beautiful nature. I always miss this part of Utah when I'm visiting elsewhere.

No comments: