Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cheerio London!

Well I'm home! And I'm homesick. For London. What an amazing place it was, and I fell so in love with it. I loved everything about it! I loved exploring and finding new things and having "London Moments" as my teacher, Jane England would say. 
My last few nights in London I just walked. That's all I did. One day I walked around Kensington and Nottinghill. Sometimes I had no idea where I was, but I just kept walking. 
You know you could live places when people (tourists and locals) ask you if you know where somewhere is or which bus to take or how to get to this line of the underground, and you can answer all of them. That happened to me eleven times my last week in London. 

My favorite place to walk in London is across the Hungerford bridge. You can see the national and St. Paul's and the ferry boats and there's always this saxaphonist with a pink sax playing jazzy tunes while you walk across. There's always a slight breeze that picks up and people walking across, talking about everything and anything. Every time I walk across the Hungerford bridge, I feel like I'm having a Sabrina moment. You know, in the movie, Sabrina, (the one with Harrison Ford) where Julia Ormond is seen walking around Paris, discovering herself, and talking about it in her mind? That's what I feel like. I
Sometimes life IS made of movie moments.


The view from Hungerford Bridge. The blue building is the National Theater. St. Paul's is almost all the way to the left.


Now that I'm home, People keep asking me how my trip was.
Indescribable.
They keep asking if I had a good time.
I had the time of my life.
They ask if I had a good experience.
Like none I've ever had before.
They What I learned. 
I learned that Professional Theater outside of NYC is a lot more accessible than we think.
And they ask what's next on my plate.
I. Don't. Know.

It feels good to be home, of course. Coco and I have been playing a lot. We go on walks every morning.
I came home to my Flower Garden Completely run over with weeds. So my first day back I tore that all out, and replanted beautiful new flowers. I'll be sure to take pics. I got my hair cut, saw my sister's new house, took Kaniela to the park, and am now working on helping my mom get the garden in the backyard put in. I've been trying to decide what kinds of flowers to plant in my garden, and I've decided I'm going to plant a Shakespeare Garden complete with a fairy section for Midsummer Night's Dream. I'm actually really excited to work on it with my mom. 
I will keep posting on my summer projects, because I have PLENTY coming up!
Goodbye London!











No comments: