Saturday, March 21, 2009

Give Peace a Chance

My topic today:
Positive Energy

I think one thing that is so wrong with our world is our focus on so much negative. And how that forces us to think about US. (that's us, not U.S.)
I admit that I am a sucker for inspiring quotes, encouraging songs, and possibility water. Perhaps that's why Bono has always been one of my favorite people ever. His lyrics so often speak of peace and hope and grace and beauty and if he writes about things that happened that were bad, he does it in such a positive way.

I hate graffiti so much, and especially somewhere like Europe that is full of old buildings and history. But I saw some today that i just...got captivated by. So i set my camera up and commenced to do what I love to do: Photography. So here's some of my pictures I took today along with some poems and song lyrics that I feel are inspring to me in hopes that we really can have a better world.
So I challenge everyone reading this to say and do one nice thing today for someone. Especially to or for someone that it's out of your way to do. But most of all, please remember to smile.
(For those who don't know, if you click on the pictures, you can view them larger)



Grace
By U2

Grace
She takes the blame
She covers the shame
Removes the stain
It could be her name

Grace
It's a name for a girl
It's also a thought that changed the world
And when she walks on the street
You can hear the strings
Grace finds goodness in everything

Grace, she's got the walk
Not on a ramp or on chalk
She's got the time to talk
She travels outside of karma
She travels outside of karma
When she goes to work
You can hear her strings
Grace finds beauty in everything

Grace, she carries a world on her hips
No champagne flute for her lips
No twirls or skips between her fingertips
She carries a pearl in perfect condition

What once was hurt
What once was friction
What left a mark
No longer stings
Because grace makes beauty
Out of ugly things

Grace makes beauty out of ugly things


Hope
By Emily Dickinson

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.


I believe Music can change the world, because it can change people
---Bono---

We want to create hope for the person ... we must give hope, always hope.
--Mother Theresa--



The fruit of faith is love, the fruit of love is service, the fruit of service is peace."
--Mother Theresa--



"A positive Attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
--Herm Albright--

2 comments:

Candace said...

i love your pictures! Those are beautiful!! Thanks for writing this blog. It was lovely. I love you!!

MegyKaye said...

that shirt is the cutest! by the way i got the jacket at hot topic. only ten bucks on the clearance rack!! woot woot!