Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Every year I refuse to Make new years resolutions. I don't like them, I can't keep them, it seems like no one can. But here I am. Writing a blog on New Years Resolutions.
2009 was a major rollercoaster. I face anxiety depression for the first time. I had some amazing stage experiences. I lived in another country. I moved back home. I gave up and got over one of the biggest loves of my life. I had friends come. I had friends go. I learned to be with myself. I learned to quilt. I got paid for photography. I visited my favorite place in the world. I went through the temple for the first time. I pulled off a thanksgiving dinner for 150 people. And SOOO much more! So 2010 is going to be another year of opportunities that I will be so grateful for and grow from. I've been asked to direct curious savage! I am writing and hopefully directing a murder mystery dinner theater at the restaurant this summer. I have a few weddings and senior pictures lined up for my photography. I plan to have my new camera by the end of February. 
So Here are my New years Resolutions

1- Lost 30 pounds. Right now i have 27.7 to go. If you would like to know more about my goals with losing weight check out this blog: http://www.bryceandmandee.blogspot.com/ It is all about minimizing my weight at stuff. Bryce and Kristi have joined me in my efforts to lose weight! 

2- Get a regular practice of Yoga again. It helps me so much and I need to get it back in my life.

3- Get out of Debt. I'm honestly not sure if I can do this only in a year, but I really would like to. I am very in debt (i don't think anyone under the age of 30 should be allowed to have credit cards) and it is a horrible smothering place to be. I either need to work more at the restaurant or find a better job, but find one that works with my theater schedule. I need to stop spending. No more few things here, few things there. No more shoes unless I need them. (And really need them. not need them or I'll die need them.)

4- Have my savings starting to build up. My new goal is to move to Rome. I want to move to Rome so much it hurts! So I decided to start saving up for that. When Kristi and I went to Rome this May, I fell so deeply in love with that City I couldn't believe it. My bedroom now is a theme of Italy and Rome. My photography of Rome is hanging up everywhere. And I'm going to start learning Italian. I'm looking for places that might have classes. When I move to Rome I want to live there for a few months, take Italian, and study the art and architecture. Let's see if I can convince Russell to do the same. :)

There are a lot of other things I want to do this year, but they're more goals, not resolutions...hmmm...Yeah. So I guess i'll keep you updated on how all of this is going!

No comments: