Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ciao Roma!

Well. I'm home in Utah now. I'm all caught up in Grey's Anatomy, the Office, and Big Bang Theory. My hair is cut and short. I'm getting caught up on my jetlag and trying to get unpacked and get my life together here. And part of that is getting my blog updated of my trip to Rome. So here you go. I wish I could have updated sooner, but I got home from Rome and I had to pack and clean to come home and had NO time whatsoever. Enjoy and leave comments! Hope you like the videos. They might jsut be funny to Kristi and myself, but oh well.


On the train riding from the Fiumincino Airport to Roma's Termini bus station. Really excited to be in Rome. I couldn't wait for Kristi to get there the next day. The ride through Rome was amazing. I kept seeing the most amazing sites and buildings and gorgeous people.


Kristi on day 1. We were walking through Rome.

Kristi and I in Piazza di Popolo in front of the Burghese Gardens

Touristy American Photo on the Lion Sphynxy thing

Piazza Di Popolo from the Burghese Gardens

Me in Rome. I love Rome.

I love my Best Friend. I love Rome.
So I love this picture

They have these fountains all over with spring water coming up fromt he ground. We filled our waterbottles up at them everytime we saw them. They were cold and delicious.
The Medici Village. Now that is a CRIB. THe back looked out over ALL of Rome. it was amazing.

The Trevi Fountain. Beautiful and amazing. Bernini...what a dream.
We threw in 3 coins to make sure we would come back to Rome someday.
Me in front of the Trevi fountain. I was like, hurry and take the pic so I can get back to eating the best gelato I've ever eaten in my life. (It was Nutella flavor and it was creamy and amazing)
Bernin and the Trevi Fountain...What a dream
The Pantheon. This building was AMAZING. It's amazing how pictures do NOT do something justice. I've learned that about Rome. Pictures do NOT do the sites justice.
Anyone know where this is?

That's right! The fountain of the four rivers!!!!! In Piazza Navona. It is one of the Alters of science from Angels and Demons. For Water. This piazza was amazing. Artists everywhere and amazing cafes and pizza and yummyness
Cute little building on a side street.
Castel St. Angelo. This is where the Illuminati Chapel is. The angels around it are Berninis. This was once Hadrian's Mosoleum. It was finished a year after he died, so then he was transfered there. Then later, it was turned into a fort. Now it's just awesome.


I love Italy. I just love it.

Just another pic of Castel. St. Angelo.


St. Peter's. This place was amazing.

We found this giant tshirt in our Hostel Room. Scary. I think it may have had Small Pox

So basically...BYU students can go into the Vatican....

Us in front of St. Peter's Throne. But I like how tan we are in this pic.

The Baldachino by Bernini. I was SHOCKED at how HUGE this is.
That's the thing about St. Peter's. You say, wow that's really big. But the closer you get to it you go. HOLY COW THAT IS HUMONGOUS. Same with everything inside. Another thing that makes you realize pictures don't do it justice.

St. Peter's Dome. Again..HUGE. See the four pictures around the base? Those represent the four apostles. This places was amazing.

Michaelangelo's Pieta.
Extremely beautiful and moving. Kristi and I just sat and stared at it for about ten minutes.

St. Peter's What a dream.

It was just beautiful and amazing. I LOVED it.

The swiss Guard. What hotties.

Alter of Science representing Air.

One of my favorite pastimes in any big city I visit. sneaking up on Pigeons.

Almost got him!!!

This is my favorite photo we took the whole trip. This was my favorite place to see and i love how excited we are.

That is my "Woah, that's huge" expression.

I just LOVED the colloseum. It was SO cool.

In the middle of all these Roman Ruins, they had these really lame modern art things. I hated them. And you know me, I love to mock Modern Art.

The Roman Forum. What a dream.

This building is huge. I mean...humongous. I mean...WOW. This picture does not in any shape or form do justice to how absolutely MASSIVE this building is.

The Ecstasy of St. Teresa. This is the alter of science for fire in Angels and Demons.
This is another amazing and beautiful Bernini. The church was TINY and VERY old. it was awesome though!

More Roman ruins. They believe these are the steps that Brutus killed Cesar on.

Here's some of my photography. This is the colloseum

I set this up and had kristi push the shutter.

The tiber
St. Peter's

St. Peter's Dome



And here are some videos of us in Rome. Hope you enjoy them. Hope you enjoyed my pics. We also saw the Sistine Chapel and the Burghese Gallery but you can't take pictures in either. Anyway, enjoy! Love you all! I can't wait to go back to Rome.





Align Center





2 comments:

The Norths said...

Oh my goodness, it looks like you had SO much fun!!! I love the pics, love the videos, and hate that you got to have a nutella gelato and I didn't!

Kaylyn said...

It looks like the two of you had an amazing time in Rome. I don't think there is anything better than a vacation with your best friend. You are lucky to have someone to travel with you, and have fun!

Glad to hear that you are finally home from Germany. I bet it is a huge sigh of relief. :)