Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Love Tanks, Tiramasu, and lovin mah coco!

Well. I'm halfway down with my last week. Thank goodness. I don't know if I'll survive. it's the longest week of my life and never ending. Like the never ending Story. it's the Never Ending Au Pair job. So we'll see yeah? I go to Rome in a few days as you can see by my countdown to your left. And time could not be going any slower. Everyone else keeps saying how fast time is going and I go...i think my life is on pause while everyone else's is on Fast forward.

I'll be glad to get home. And as excited as I am to see Kristi, I don't think my brain fully understands it's going to Rome. So it's...It's hard to be excited for that and not just want to be home. But I'm sure when I get there I'll be way excited.

I hate packing. I don't want to do it. I have to pack and clean out my whole room. The whole entire thing. Kristi packed for me when I came to Germany, because she's so good at organizing and putting things away. Anyway, i had a pretty good week last week. I tried to stay busy and it made most the week go faster.

I find it interesting how when you're leaving somewhere, that's when people tell you how much you mean to them. My last week in my ward and my last time at FHE, I've never felt that loved. holy moly. People were so sad to see me go. ANd those are two of the things I am going to miss most about Germany. My great ward and the institute.

Anyway, here are some of my pics from last week and at the bottom a video!




This is me with Sister Stewart and Sister Mortenson. I did a session at the temple with the missionaries. It was so great. I love missionaries. And guess what? I did my session in German. I undertood mooost of the stuff. It was really cool. At the very end though, I did the end in English. I was too scared to try it in German. It's all still very new to me.



This is a speed sign for tanks. Just in case there's a war again. This one is for a LOVE tank.


This is a view of St. Ursula's, the big church in Oberursel.



A much better church pic of St. Ursula's. You can see the old houses. Those houses are renovated, but are really like 500 years old. No joking.


This is Alte Oper. It's Old Opera House. It says, "The True, The beautiful, good"
(Lia, Doesn't that remind you of Truth Beauty, Freedom and Love?)


Me in front of the opera house in the pouring rain!


Why? Why do they even sell these. It only encourages people. (They were SHIIIINY)

McKenna and I stumbled upon the missionaries singing in the Zeil.


So I joined. This is me and sister Mortenson, my new best friend.


Hey! I'm trying to sing in German here!


Can't wait for her to get off her mission and get back to ogden so we can be friends!


This is me in the Römer eating tiramasu gelato


More of me in the Römer in Frankfurt


What can I say? I love my puppy.

And below is the video of the missionaries singing. I'm not in it, because I am filming. But enjoy! Love to hear from you guys. Probably my next blog will be Rome Pictures. But who knows, I might be able ot get my mother's day talk from church loaded on before then. (Yes I recorded it) Love you all!


3 comments:

mm.gma.ar :) said...

This made me CRY!! (It might have been the music!) You may miss this more than you think. Can't wait to HUG you! Loves -- mom :)

Kaylyn said...

I have to tell you {keep in mind when I say this, that I have never been out of the country} that it makes me so sad to see that you aren't loving living abroad. My one wish in life is to live in Ireland for a year, and now you've got me all worried that I will hate it!

I am really sorry that you have not enjoyed your experience in Germany. That has got to be tough to be so homesick.

Just keep your chin up, and remember that soon you will be on vacation in ROME! Then you will be going HOME!

Good luck! If you need a good book to pass the time, The Book Theif is amazing. {unless you have already read it...it is about a german girl.}

ann said...

I love every picture and picture subtitle in this post. You're funny Mandee.