Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Curious Savage


In case you didn't know I'm directing a show at the heritage theater. It's called the curious savage and I love this show. I was in it before and although it kills me not to be in it. Fairy May is one of the best parts I've ever played.

Anyway, it's getting closer and I'm a little stressed. Okay, I'm a lot stressed. With directing this and with costuming Midsummer's. But I finally got my poster done. The wonderful Sid Sexton did the first sketch for me and I did all the painting/coloring. A lot more time consuming than I thought it would be, but turned out fantastic! If you'd like to see it larger, especially to get the info, then come see it! :)

One thing that was stressing me out was my set. I don't know how to build a set, I don't know how to design a set. I can dress a set, but don't ask me to design it. Anyway, I asked my wonderful friend Trent bean to design my set. I don't have a pic of the set but I have a pic of the drawings of some of the set pieces. I'm excited for my show, but I'm just still a little nervous. It's tough having this much responsibility but no stage manager or assistant director. Etc. Melanie and Bryce have already been a huge help to me, as they always are. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have them.

No comments: